A Hi-Tech messaging company wanted to setup IDE for users to write their own bots and test them online which they can integrate with Facebook, Telegram, WhatsApp etc.
- Standalone application with multiple web servers on single system
- Improper architecture with multiple SPOFs (single point of failure)
- Deployment Automation missing
- Application Logging visibility was missing.
- Scaling was not handled properly.
- Did the in-depth analysis of what application does what are the component of the application which are loosely and tightly coupled.
- Worked with dev team to separate the component to make micro serviced.
- Configured and Installed the Docker with Mesos as management server for all these application.
- Identified the SPOFs and help them to create the HA Architecture to eliminate the SPOF at all the levels.
- Implemented the Automated CICD solution to take care for all application deployment with Jenkins jobs using AMIs as the base
- Implemented the Centralised logging Server for Engineering team so that no direct access to production system needed.
- Identified and projected the all-round needs for increased growth and configured the AutoScaling to handle the scale.
- Made use of Terraform for templatisation of environment.
- Container based applications helped to take any type of load without affecting the cost.
- Planned growth within the company, the needs of which were anticipated and met.
- CICD implementation reduced the turn around time for deployment
- Centralised logging were appreciated during Audits.
- Team was able to concentrate more on development than the infrastructure issues.
For success of project TECHPARTNER used below Services
- Docker was used for the microservices architecture.
- Ansible was used for the config managment (Patching, Security updates etc) of servers.
- Git was used to keep track the code repository.
- Jenkins was used with webhook constantly checking git changes and automatically execute test cycle & deploy the successful build in Dev/Staging/Production Environment.
- HAProxy was used for Loadbalancing between the Dockers microservices
- Messos was used for docker management
- Terraform was used to templatise the infrastructure footprint.