Founded in 2015, TREEBO Hotels is India's third largest hotel chain and operates in the budget segment of the hospitality industry, which is estimated to be around $20B in size. TREEBO operates on a franchise model and emphasizes tight quality control.
TREEBO was facing scale issues during the holidays & long weekends as during this period demand for budget hotels was always at peak. Moreover production deployment was manual process which caused downtime whenever there was a new release to be pushed to production. And they were keen on having a full fledged automated process to run the whole cycle of integration, deployment, testing etc. Since every engineering team works on their own branch they faced challenge to setup up their own environment identical to production to run test cases.
TECHPARTNER team provided cloud consulting service and did full stack assessment of the existing application and the deployment strategy. Restructured the application to have stateless configuration. Configured the Autoscaling to scale Up and Down as per load with proper load balancing features.
Manual deployment was replaced by CICD tools in combination with AWS-CLI for making API calls to take care of systems in/out of ELB during deployment.
Used AWS Provided Multi-AZ RDS service for database to reduce the overhead of managing DB System.
We designed the custom deployment Jobs for TREEBO Developers by using cloudformation template which they can setup up their own working Environment in minutes which would hold the production masked data for testing.
- AutoScaling Architecture: With this architecture TREEBO was able to serve the clients with improved response time which in turned helped to acquire more business.
- Performance: As the application are configured in Auto Scaling performance of the website improved with good Response time.
- Automation: Automation reduced the manual deployment time and no more downtime on production due to this.
- Innovation: Team was able to concentrate more on development than the infrastructure issues.
For success of project TECHPARTNER used below AWS Services
- Amazon EC2 was used for compute with combination of on Demand and Reserved instance. Instance were configured to spin up automatically during Load.
- Amazon S3 was used to store mainly for the Images which need to be accessible across the instance.
- AWS NAT Gateway Service was used to provide the Internet to systems in Private subnet during patch management.
- AWS CloudWatch was used to monitor to the Instance performance.
- AWS CloudTrail was used to keep track the activity across the AWS Environment.
- RDS was used in Mulit-AZ for Database so that no more maintenance of DB needed.
- Auto Scaling was used to handle the peaky traffic.
- AWS CodeCommit was used to keep track the code repository.
- AWS CodeDeploy was used with webhook constantly checking CodeCommit changes and automatically execute test cycle & deploy the successful build in Dev/Staging Environment.
- AWS Cloudformation was used to templatise the infrastructure footprint.
- AWS Inspector was used to check application and OS security and apply fixes as recommended and ensure consistency.
- AWS Config was used to track changes for AWS resources and also to alert with resources that are not compliant as per defined rules
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) was used to provide aws resources access as per company’s policy. Also wherever possible IAM roles were used to provide access to aws resources as per IAM’s best practices